Are you overwhelmed by all the sales tips and insight filling your email box or your reading list? You don’t have to be. All these suggestions can be summarized into five basic sales tips:
1. Only invest sales time into prospects that you’ve determined fit the profile of your best customers. We call these Zebras.
2. Determine who the decision maker is for your product and concentrate on getting an appointment with that person. Don’t settle with an appointment at middle management because it’s easier to get. You want to get past the gate keeper to the real decision maker who holds the purse strings and signs the contracts.
3. Research your prospect before attempting to obtain an appointment. Determine their potential pain points and how your solution aligns with those pain points. Know them just as well as you know your own business.
4. When you meet with the decision maker for the first time, mention that you did your research and believe that they have certain pain points that your solution addresses. Verify those pain points are priorities they’d like to solve. If they are not priorities, consider walking away from the prospect without investing more resources.
5. Stop selling features and functions and focus on the value your solution provides. Decision makers care more about the quantifiable value of your offering than on its product features. This value can come through case studies where you can show them the success others have achieved through you.
Even better news is that we provide this process within our guided selling platform. That means you aren’t left alone to walk through the sales process. We are there with you each step of the way as we help you find your Zebras, your perfect fit customers, and you work to build and grow your business.
Ready to talk with us about guiding selling and how we can help you through this process? Let’s talk at 1-833-594-7120 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how we can help you achieve your goals to Find, Close and Retain the right customers by working together to gain faster sale cycles, larger deals and higher win rates.